[Mailman-Developers] For prospective GSoC students

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Mon Apr 2 02:14:23 CEST 2012

Some things you should know:

1. Mailman is working under the umbrella organization of the Python
Software Foundation, so we get hundreds of applications to sort through
not all of which are related to Mailman.  Please make sure to put
"Mailman" somewhere in the subject of your application so it doesn't get
lost in the crowd!

2. On a related note, please make sure your application has a
descriptive title.  i.e. "GNU Mailman: improving archives by extending
hyperkitty" or somesuch.  Again, this makes it easier for us to sort
through the applications in the system.

3. Applications are due April 6th.  Google will not extend this deadline
for any reason, including if the entire melange system goes down.  (And
this *has* happened at the last minute.)  Please make sure to get your
applications in early if you can!  If you don't have an application in
the system, there is no way we can accept you.

4. You can edit any application you submit, so what I recommend is that
you all go and submit something right now with a note at the top saying
that it is a draft.  You can edit it after this is done, and when you're
ready to finalize you can take the "this is a draft" note off the top.

5. Not all of us are set up as mentors in Melange yet (most PSF mentor
accounts were only authorized today) so it may still be a couple of days
before you get feedback.  If you want feedback sooner, please feel free
to post your proposal to this list!

  Terri