[Mailman-Developers] GHC11 open source day

Florian Fuchs f at state-of-mind.de
Mon Nov 14 18:14:28 CET 2011

Hi,

for those who are thinking about contributing to the new web UI (welcome, Drew!) and want to mess around with what's already there, here's a quick guide to installing the necessary components:

http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/A+5+minute+guide+to+get+the+Mailman+web+UI+running

This guide will be subject to change (especially the branch locations on launchpad), but I wanted to send this out quickly to provide a starting point. Please bear in mind that it only covers a development installation of the web ui, so no mails will be sent nor received. Also: Installing it as described on a publicly accessible server would pose a security risk. So don't! ;-)

The web UI basically consists of three components: GNU Mailman 3 (obviously), mailman-django (a pluggable Django application) and mailman.client (a ReST API client library). Many thanks go out to Anna Granudd and Benedict Stein who did almost all the work on mailman_django as part of their Google Summer of Code projects in 2010 and 2011!

Please tell me if something doesn't work or if you need help setting this up.

Cheers
Florian