[Mailman-Developers] UI for Mailman 3.0 update

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Sun Jun 6 23:00:36 CEST 2010

On Sun, 6 Jun 2010, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:

> Great. I can see and I need to use my imagination to figure what a _real
> good_ interface for visually imapaired people looks like. Better to have
> people who really know from first hand experience what to look out for.

Note that people who use magnification (i.e. who have low vision) are
going to have differing requirements from those who use speech or Braille
output via screen readers.  Ideally the UI would work well for both groups
but I'm not qualified to talk about the former, only the latter.

> This said I think the interface should also be better accessible for deaf
> people. I've learned deaf people experience problems with complex sentences.
> We should consider that too and other aspects.

Huh?  This makes no sense to me.  People who only have hearing impairments
shouldn't have any more problems with comprehention or reading than people
with only vision impairments.  By all means make allowances for people
with reading/learning/cognitive disabilities, but please don't atribute
the need for this to something unrelated.

Disclaimer: I am not deaf.  A deaf person should be consulted about the
requirements that deaf people may have.

>> Most of my other feature requests are functionality-related, rather
>> than UI as such.  Some may already be in the wishlist(s) on the Wiki
>> (or wherever I saw it).  I'm happy to post them here in a separate
>> thread if people think it's relevant.  They're just things I've
>> jotted down when using Mm that I've thought should be changed/fixed.
>
> Please post your feature requests even if we find out they are duplicates.

Ok, will do.

Geoff.