[Mailman-Developers] Should Mailman provide periodic activity summaries to list owners?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri May 22 16:16:20 CEST 2009

Stephen J. Turnbullwrote:

>Ian Eiloart writes:
>
> > There's already a script, "mmdsr" knocking about that does this. There's a
> > version at
> > <http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/mailman/mailman-126.1/mailman/contrib/>,

The latest version can be found at
<http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman/2.1/files/head%3A/contrib/>.

>Sure, but that script requires being mailman in a shell on the host.
>The people I'm worried about mostly don't have those privileges, and
>for debugging an urgent problem you'd want it available on-demand.

I don't think it would be too difficult to refactor mmdsr as a python
script that could be run on demand through a CGI or to run it via cron
as it is currently designed and cache the output to be  served by a
CGI.

The real issue is that mmdsr is a global report. Stephen appears to be
thinking more of a list specific report for list owners.