[Mailman-Developers] monthly password reminder bounce reaction

Ian Eiloart iane at sussex.ac.uk
Tue Jun 2 14:11:20 CEST 2009

--On 2 June 2009 07:09:55 -0400 Barry Warsaw <barry at list.org> wrote:

> There isn't anything I think.  Are you asking because you think the
> monthly reminders still have a valid use case?  I'd love to keep them
> killed off since I think the headache they introduce (especially for
> admins) far outweighs any benefit to users.

Of course, site admins ought to be able to disable them or change the
default for the site, specific lists or users. List admins should be able
to disable them or change the default for their lists, or specific users.
Users should be able to disable them or enable them per list (where they're
permitted to).

The use case. If I'm changing an email address - eg moving jobs, I'll set
up forwarding for a while, and change my subscriptions accordingly. If I
don't get a message from a list before the old account is disabled, then I
stop getting mail from that list. There must be other use cases.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex