[Mailman-Developers] Merge request

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jul 21 05:40:22 CEST 2009

Florian Wagner wrote:

>a few weeks ago I submitted a merge request through launchpad for a
>small set of changes I've made to Mailman (see [1]). So far there has
>been no reaction at all. Is there reason for this? Are patches to this
>list preferred?

A bzr branch and merge proposal such as the one at

>[1] https://code.launchpad.net/~wagnerflo/mailman/2.1-postfix-transport/+merge/7901

is definitely preferred over patches.

There are at least two reasons for no reaction from me.

1) Even though I am listed as a reviewer in the proposal, I do not
recall getting any push notice from Launchpad about the proposal. The
message here is in addition to proposing a merge on Launchpad, post a
note to Mailman-Developers as you now have done.

2) For various personal reasons, I have not been doing too much actual
code maintenance on Mailman the last couple of months, plus I was
traveling on vacation from June 27 through July 12 and I had a laptop
disaster during this time so even if I had gotten a notification, I
probably wouldn't have gotten to it yet.