[Mailman-Developers] "Orignal" MySQL Member Adaptor - 1.71

Fil fil at rezo.net
Wed Jan 7 17:14:29 CET 2009

> I'm pretty sure I said I though it would work but hadn't actually tested it,
> anyways.

Indeed I was warned :-)

> time to look at MM again for a while. My first priority would be to resolve
> the horrible performance problem without losing the name info as per a
> previous email, and then I might look at this, when I get started back on it
> again.

I've re-read your email re: the names issue, and I don't understand
what the problem is.

getMembersMatching() does indeed only return the adresses of all users
whose email OR name matches the regexp; then Cgi/admin.py displays no
more than 50 of these, which results in maximum 50 calls to MySQL to
fetch the name information. I assert that:
* a search on a name returns the user, even if the search string does
not appear in its email
* the users' names ARE displayed in the resulting page.

-- Fil