[Mailman-Developers] Proposed: remove address-obfuscation code from Mailman 3

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sat Aug 29 09:01:34 CEST 2009

Barry Warsaw writes:

 > What I'm thinking is that there should be a "send me this message"
 > link in the archive, which gets you a copy as it was originally sent
 > to the list.  That let's you jump into a conversation as if you'd been
 > there originally.

I don't understand.  Do you mean the raw message received by the list,
or the processed message as distributed by the list?  The former means
you don't have RFC 2369 headers, etc.  I'm not sure I understand what
the efficacy of the latter is; does address-munging happen only in the
archives?  I find it hard to believe that could be at all effective,
except for what I would think is an unusual case (a closed-subscription
list with public archives).