[Mailman-Developers] Getting code in? (was: Storm basedMemberAdaptor for Mailman)

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Aug 10 18:38:03 CEST 2009

Andrew Grover wrote:

>So the next question for Mark and everyone is: do you want a
>StormDB-backed MembershipAdaptor for Mailman 2.x?
>
>There are some further questions the Systers org needs to settle
>before proceeding, about the ownership status of GSOC-produced code,
>as well as if copyright assignment to FSF is acceptable, but it is
>moot if the feature is only interesting to us.

I'm interested. It is not a high priority for me because it is
something that Barry is doing for MM 3 anyway.

My concern is to not create additional 2.1 -> 2.2 -> 3 migration
headaches. If this is something that could ease the migration to MM 3
by providing a 'stepwise' path, that would be great. However, if it is
viewed as something that will be done for MM 2.2 and then totally
redone for MM 3, I'm afraid it will just encourage people to skip MM
2.2 and wait for MM 3.