[Mailman-Developers] Searchable archives for MM

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at speakeasy.net
Mon Aug 10 03:31:05 CEST 2009

Siggy writes:

>> Here's my solution:
>>
>>     http://infothecary.org/jordan/mailman.html
>
> Nice solution Jordan, but I think about a pythonic way to
> fully integrate searchable archives into MM.

Um, you need Phython in this equation exactly why?

The archives are web pages.  Who cares what language was used to
implement the search?

You don't demand a Python web server to deliver your archives, do you?

> I was using the debian archive search only as an example for
> what can be achieved on big archives.

For me, I think the people who Think Hard about searching text can work
in whatever language they want; SWISH-E has done a good job of providing
a platform for search, and it's easily integrated with Mailman.  FWIW, I
have lots of "big archives" ...

/jordan