[Mailman-Developers] Searchable archives for MM

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sat Aug 8 08:43:17 CEST 2009

Bernd Siggy Brentrup writes:
 > [Barry Warsaw contributed the comment:]

 > > You can do this for Mailman lists, at least when you are explicitly
 > > CC'd with an address that's subscribed to the list.  You'll get the
 > > direct copy and not the list copy though.  That's the best Mailman
 > > can do (anything more takes a better MUA ;).

They don't come *better* than mutt, though.  At best, "different".

 > I know that's because I mentioned it, I didn't recall the variable
 > name though.  In the first place I don't want to see 2 copies
 > arriving, no MUA involved here.

I suggest "/etc/init.d/$MTA stop" is the only way to guarantee that
two copies of something will never arrive.  The next best is to set
Reply-To, which might actually have the desired effect most of the
time.  The next best is to set Mail-Followup-To, which won't have any
effect but you will get a lot of sympathy from Dan Bernstein and
Emacs/Gnus users.

P.S.  You owe me $250/hr X 5 seconds / (3600 seconds/hour) = $0.35 for
time & expense of fixing up the headers in this message.  You pay the
wire transfer and currency conversion costs.<wink>