[Mailman-Developers] Searchable archives for MM

Bernd Siggy Brentrup lists at psycho.i21k.de
Sat Aug 8 04:49:14 CEST 2009

On Fri, Aug 07, 2009 at 22:02 -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Aug 7, 2009, at 9:03 PM, Bernd Siggy Brentrup wrote:
>
> ><duck> :) No need for this broad hint.
>
> Tim Peters would be proud at the power of the <wink>!
>
> >I was thinking about this option too and as soon as the issues
> >with the old account Ubuntu automatically created for me when
> >importing my Debian packages are solved I will create a pipermail
> >project on launchpad and announce it here.
>
> That would be cool.  I wonder if we should make ~mailman-coders the
> owner of that project?

No objections from my side if you grant me admin rights.  As a surplus
we don't have to wait for lp ppl to merge my accounts; there are some
restrictions that inhibit merging e.g. creating a PPA, after all I want
to be known on lp as ~bsb and not as ~bsb-psycho :-P

>                         If not, a different but parallel team
> structure might make sense.  Note too that since Pipermail comes
> from Mailman, it's GNU so we need to get copyright assignments for
> all Pipermail hackers.

ack

> I will volunteer to help separate the code, and to work out how best
> to integrate it for packaging.

Thanks for this, did you write down any issues that should be
addressed when revamping pipermail? One thing that comes to mind
is how to deal with mime types and attachments.  I'd also like to
see signatures validated. (On an aside, I hate these footers that
make my messages not fully signed)

> >p.s. Please respect my .signature, I'd really like to reenable
> >    duplicate elimination.
>
> You can do this for Mailman lists, at least when you are explicitly
> CC'd with an address that's subscribed to the list.  You'll get the
> direct copy and not the list copy though.  That's the best Mailman
> can do (anything more takes a better MUA ;).

I know that's because I mentioned it, I didn't recall the variable
name though.  In the first place I don't want to see 2 copies
arriving, no MUA involved here.

  Siggy (birds are greeting the day, time to go to bed :)
--
Please don't Cc: me when replying, I might not see either copy.
               bsb-at-psycho-dot-informationsanarchistik-dot-de