[Mailman-Developers] mailman 3: webinterface: prototype (PDF)

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Mon Apr 27 18:10:30 CEST 2009

> What do you think? Should I comment the navigation structures? I've put a lot
> of thinking into it and that is, of course, not visible. I could comment and
> we'd have it easier to see where I think things should be put to.

I love how you've put all this thought into a better structure here.
But no matter how much thought goes into it, someone's gonna have
trouble finding stuff in a tree that big...

Can we add a search box for options?  It might not be necessary on the
smaller pages, but the full admin/owner interface looks like it's still
going to be sufficiently busy that it could help.

> We will start working on design May, 1st. Minor changes to pages and elements
> are possible. I'd like to avoid major changes after that - the effort of
> redoing design is immense.

Can we please please please do some user testing on the initial designs
before they get set in stone?  Ideally, I think we'd want to do this at
the point where there's a clickthrough prototype.  Then we could sit
some people down and ask them to do some tasks, and see how long it
takes/where they go wrong.  Plus we could get general impressions on
usability from the mailman-users list.

  Terri