[Mailman-Developers] MM 2.1.12(rc2) backport for Ubuntu Hardy?

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Apr 22 19:12:26 CEST 2009

On Apr 22, 2009, at 1:01 PM, Adam McGreggor wrote:

> Just a quick query really (and possibly being slightly cheeky asking
> here...), but have any of you guys backported Mailman 2.1.12 from the
> Ubuntu Jaunty (or Debian 5) repos -> Ubuntu Hardy?
>
> I can't seem to find anything with an internet search, and I'd rather
> not repeat the efforts, if someone's already done it (as it's been
> quite
> some time since I last backported something)

I have not.  I'm not sure who's packaging Mailman for Ubuntu (I might
be able to find someone to ask <wink>), but I could certainly see us
providing PPAs for folks who want to run the latest and greatest.  I
don't have much packaging-fu but if someone wants to volunteer to do
the heavily lifting, I'd be happy to twiddle the Launchpad bits.

-Barry