[Mailman-Developers] Patch for Bug 266263 (NNTP gatewaying trashes Message-IDs)

phaidros phaidros at subsignal.org
Fri Apr 17 20:42:23 CEST 2009

Hi,

we have thought a while about it and needed a solution badly. We are
having several Mail2News mailing lists, which all come up with broken
threading, when cross posted messages appear. The same issues as stated
in the bug here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/266263

I have just added a patch and a description for the patch at launchpad.

This is a request for considering this patch as improvement and merging
it. A lot of mail and news administrators would be thankful for less
headaches :)

kind regards,
kloschi

--
With or without religion, we would have good people doing good things
and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil