[Mailman-Developers] Looking for Help

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Tue Oct 7 16:47:42 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 10:14:56AM -0400, Thomas M Foley wrote:
> response, http://www.verticalresponse.com.  They would like some
> assistance in developing some back end tools and interface to do tracking
> on their mailings.

I have a Mailman branch at
https://code.launchpad.net/~amk/mailman/bounce-analysis that allows
more detailed tracking of which messages bounce and which are
accepted.  The patch makes Mailman record the unique Message-ID for
each message in various internal log files, and adds a script that
analyzes the resulting log files.  This makes it possible to determine
that a given message was sent to X addresses, Y of which bounced.

I work for www.matrixgroup.net, which funded the above branch, so I
can't do any work directly for you due to a non-compete agreement.  If
you're interested in hiring Matrix to do some work for you, I can put
you in touch with our new-biz.  You're certainly free to incorporate
the branch above into your own work, and I hope to see it included in
Mailman 2.2 or some future version.

--amk