[Mailman-Developers] Should we move to Bazaar?

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Fri May 4 03:45:35 CEST 2007

On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 08:50:16AM -0700, Jon Scott Stevens wrote:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SVK

What about SVK's speed, though?

There was discussion of providing a DVCS mirror of the Python SVN, so
I tried at making a copy of the repository via SVK, and SVK looked
like it was going to be painfully slow; I calculated something like 13
hours to create the initial mirror (but I killed it after an hour, so that's an estimate).

Python has about 55,000 revisions, so mirroring is obviously a big
job, but that seems unusably slow.  Maybe Mailman is small enough to
take a more reasonable time.

--amk