[Mailman-Developers] Should we move to Bazaar?

Jon Scott Stevens jon at latchkey.com
Thu May 3 17:50:16 CEST 2007

Since I haven't seen anyone else mention this... there is also:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SVK

I say stick with Subversion/SVK:

#1. *everyone* knows how to use it and almost all OSS software
projects use it.
#2. The subversion developers are *awesome*. I used to work with them
at CollabNet and know them personally. Very smart great guys.
#3. SVK solves the problems that you are talking about.
#4. It would allow you to host your source code on code.google.com
for free and be able to have the benefits of taking advantage of
google's infrastructure.

 > Branches in Bazaar are cheap, unlike in Subversion.

I'm really sorry Barry, but that's just plain untrue. Read this:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/ch04s02.html
"Cheap Copies"

jon stevens
http://subetha.tigris.org/