[Mailman-Developers] Patches in mandriva package

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at zarb.org
Tue Sep 12 09:34:22 CEST 2006

Barry Warsaw wrote:
>>> - the default build procedure is not suited to package building: it
>>> check target directory directly (which doesn't exist), and leave
>>> reference to package build root in python bytecode files. The patches
>>> [2] and [3] fixes those issues, maybe they could get integrated.
>
> I don't think your links are correct.  Link [1] is the same as link [2].
Sorry, here they are:
http://cvs.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/SPECS/mailman/mailman-buildroot-check.patch?view=log
http://cvs.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/SPECS/mailman/mailman-2.1.5-build.patch?view=log

>>> - we have a patch for the embeded email module that just fix an encoding
>>> name [4]. I didn't found reference to a website or a standalone
>>> distribution of this module elsewhere. Could you please transmit the
>>> patch to its authors ?
>
> There's no [4] link so I don't understand what this one tries to fix.
> The email package is developed at the email-sig:
> <http://www.python.org/sigs/email>.  You should probably post the issue
> over there on that sig.
The patch is
http://cvs.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/SPECS/mailman/mailman-2.1.8-Charset.patch?view=log

Just submited as bug #1556895 on python tracker.

BTW, why ship a private copy of this module instead of using the system
one ?