[Mailman-Developers] Why does Mailman delete post recipients fromCc: header?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri May 19 18:12:09 CEST 2006

Mark Sapiro wrote:

>I understand why it is removed from the recipient list - that's the
>whole point - but does anyone know/remember why it is also removed
>from the Cc: header? This seems unnecessary and inconsistent since it
>isn't removed from To:, Resent-To: or Resent-Cc:.

I looked at the subversion (from cvs) log messages and found from Barry:

 process(): If a member has enabled their DontReceiveDuplicates option,
 we'll also strip their addresses from CC headers in the list copy.
 This helps keep the CC lines from growing astronomically.

I guess that answers the 'why'. Should we try to address the
inconsistency?