[Mailman-Developers] Why does Mailman delete post recipients from Cc: header?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri May 19 17:44:00 CEST 2006

and I see that if an address is in the Cc: header of a post and is a
candidate recipient and is a list member with DontReceiveDupes set,
the address is removed from the recipient list and from the Cc: header
of the post.

I understand why it is removed from the recipient list - that's the
whole point - but does anyone know/remember why it is also removed
from the Cc: header? This seems unnecessary and inconsistent since it
isn't removed from To:, Resent-To: or Resent-Cc:.

Also, there is a docstring in the module that refers to an in memory
the original patch, but was never incorporated. Perhaps this should be
rewritten.