[Mailman-Developers] archiving size issue

Fil fil at rezo.net
Fri Jun 9 15:43:35 CEST 2006

To continue this thread I decided to start splitting the big listname.mbox
files into something like
        archives/private/listname.mbox/listname-2006-06.mbox

This will enable compression of the older mboxes, and proper archival
without copying the whole 5Gb of archive each night.

The patch would be, in Archiver.py:

+import time

-                            self.internal_name() + '.mbox')
+                            self.internal_name() + time.strftime('-%Y-%m') + '.mbox')

Do you think there can be some unintended consequence? I don't allow
downloading of the raw .mbox file.

-- Fil