[Mailman-Developers] 2.1.8 documentation mismatch

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Jun 7 07:02:44 CEST 2006

Barry Warsaw wrote:

>I agree, but which is the best term to use?  Reading the dictionary
>entries for "approve" and "accept", I think I like the former:

Actually, both terms are used on the radio buttons on the admindb page.
"Accept" is used for held posts, and "Approve" is used for
(un)subscription requests.

We could of course change the name of the held message radio button to
"Approve", but then we'd have an inconsistency with "Add
poster at example.com to one of these sender filters:", and if we changed
that, would we also want to change the name of accept_these_nonmembers?

It seemed simpler to me to just make the template change I indicated in
my prior reply.