[Mailman-Developers] Users, persistent storage, caches, etc.

emf i at mindlace.net
Thu Jul 6 23:47:21 CEST 2006

John Dennis wrote:

> Perhaps the right model is a hierarchical
> resolution of attributes, e.g.

In order to provide administrative control over what UI elements are
implemented I'm already implementing a tool that will provide control
over which elements are active on a Server/Site/List/User level.

They're not strictly hierarchical; a User may wish to not see some
controls for a particular list (e.g. mailman-checkins) that they want to
see for others.

Visibility is just one axis of state preferences, so I have to address
this issue for more than just picking GUI bits ;)

~ethan fremen