[Mailman-Developers] [ mailman-Bugs-1416853 ] Jan 14 change to Handlers/SpamDetect.py isincomplete

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Sat Jan 28 00:22:59 CET 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-27 at 14:30 -0800, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> Actually, as you implicitly point out, this isn't necessary since only
> list posts should be in the moderation queue in the first place. The
> only other messages that currently get held are messages to the owner
> that get caught by a Spam filter 'hold' rule, and these shouldn't be
> held. At least that's how it seems pending other input.

That seems right to me.  It doesn't make any sense to hold a message
ultimately destined for the list owner or moderator because those are
the people who have to approve the message (what? so they can then read
it again in their inbox?).

If in response to a certain spam designation the owner destined message
is discarded, that's fine.  But it shouldn't be held, and rejecting spam
is almost always a bad idea.

-Barry