[Mailman-Developers] [ mailman-Bugs-1416853 ] Jan 14 change to Handlers/SpamDetect.py isincomplete

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jan 27 23:30:25 CET 2006

Dan Astoorian wrote:

>On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 12:52:17 PST, Mark Sapiro writes:
>>
>> Definitely the message received by the user in this case is misleading,
>> but the held message if approved will go to the owners/moderators
>> only. I think Dan knows this.
>
>Actually, I didn't.  I'm a co-moderator of a mailing list that I didn't
>initially set up, so my experience with Mailman is fairly limited.  I've
>never previously encountered a held message that was to any mail path
>other than the list itself, and had never had cause to find out whether
>other types of mail ever got held up for approval.  In my declaration
>that "it is not clear to the end user...", I was the end user in
>question :-)

OK

>(Perhaps the moderation queue web interface should indicate which queue
>the held message is in?  Currently the moderator has to infer this
>information from the message headers.)

Actually, as you implicitly point out, this isn't necessary since only
list posts should be in the moderation queue in the first place. The
only other messages that currently get held are messages to the owner
that get caught by a Spam filter 'hold' rule, and these shouldn't be
held. At least that's how it seems pending other input.