[Mailman-Developers] Feature Request: message_id as replaceable token for footers etc.

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Wed Jan 18 17:00:52 CET 2006

At 12:01 AM -0800 2006-01-17, J C Lawrence wrote:

>  Long time no talk.  Whaddya think of adding message_id as a replaceable
>  token for footers and the like?  This would allow footers to be
>  constructed which direct URL-reference their own post in an NNTP
>  archive.

	I like the concept, but the only problem is that message-ids are
not guaranteed unique.  I'd like to see a guaranteed unique id be
generated on the system, and then have that used as the new
message-id, displayable in the footers, used as the index reference
in the mailing list archives, etc....

	I've been agitating for this one for a while.  ;)

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755