[Mailman-Developers] On allowing any list member to be an email moderator

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Tue Jan 3 18:03:39 CET 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-01 at 22:10 -0600, Brad Knowles wrote:

> 	But then we're getting dangerously close to tools like Active
> Spam Killer or TMDA, which I am generally violently opposed to.

I think they're different use cases.  My main problem with such tools is
when people email me first, I try to be helpful, and then have to go
through extra dances to get that response to them.

That wouldn't be the case with Mailman.  In our case, we're actually
reducing the dance people have to go through to get their message
posted.  The biggest danger is from abuse by replybots though, so we
have to think about that.  It's also a potential problem with
subscription requests, and I see those and what I'm proposing as being
very closely related.

-Barry