[Mailman-Developers] Timing, events, runners, oh my

emf i at mindlace.net
Mon Aug 21 04:25:24 CEST 2006

Gentlebeings,

The UI would like to use email for a variety of functions, and it would
like some event-based code. I was wondering how much of mailman's
existing infrastructure I should use.

a.) I would like to allow "email login", where a passwordless user
receives an email confirmation link. Whom should I send this as? Should
I inject it into mailman's queue?

b.) If the UI could be notified when changes occur on the command line
or via email, I could do some more intelligent caching. What's the best
place to make that happen?

c.) I'd like to have events and observers and whatnot; this is down the
road a bit, for 'improved' digest support among other things. Would it
be inappropriate to have a UIEventsRunner ?

~ethan fremen