[Mailman-Developers] HTML Headers

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Aug 3 17:25:36 CEST 2006

Andrew Nielson wrote:

>I have written some code to allow Mailman to add a header.html file (if it
>exists) to the top of each web page.
>
>Basically it checks a new option called WEB_HEADER_FILE which is set as
>follows in mm_cfg.py:
>WEB_HEADER_FILE = os.path.join(PREFIX, 'Mailman/header.html')
>
>I just wanted to know:
>1. Would you like me to submit this patch?

There is a Google Summer of Code intern working on major modification
to the GUI, so your patch may well not be valid and/or relevant soon.
You may wish to wait.

If you wish to submit it anyway, you can do so at
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=103&atid=300103>

>2. Is $prefix/Mailman/header.html the correct place for a html file or
>should we add a html directory or put it in the Cgi one?

I think it should be a template, defaulting to an empty file or perhaps
a file with an HTML comment documenting what it's for, and accessed
via Utils.maketext(). How else would you address i18n issues in a
multilingual site?

>3. Would people like me to move the footer stuff out into another footer
>file and do the same for it?

No opinion.