[Mailman-Developers] PHP Wrappers?

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Nov 24 05:41:31 CET 2005

    Ian> I think Python regular expressions have enough in common with
    Ian> the PCRE (perl compatible regular expressions) library to be
    Ian> useful. For example, I think ^[^@]*@(.*\.)?sus(se)?\.ac\.uk$
    Ian> has the same meaning in both dialects.

    Ian> If I'm wrong, then I can make do with .*sussex\.ac\.uk$ and
    Ian> .*susx\.ac \.uk$

The semantics of what you just posted are "I would like Mailman to
impose and maintain a hack appropriate to my site on all users of this
facility."  I see the attraction of this proposal for a fair number of
users like you, and it's precisely what open source is for: you can
maintain your own variant, in cooperation with those other users.

But when I suggested a 50% solution would be good enough, the 50% I
meant was precisely what you're leaving out: a specification of the
syntax (you deliberately leave the syntax vague!) and semantics of the
data that Mailman passes to the MTA.