[Mailman-Developers] PHP Wrappers?

Ian Eiloart iane at sussex.ac.uk
Wed Nov 23 12:33:38 CET 2005

On 22 Nov 2005, at 17:33, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>     Ian> Now, sender ACL's already are *just* lists of regular
>     Ian> expressions. So, what's so hard?
>
> You're aware that "regular expression" is not exactly well-defined,
> and that python REs are a unique dialect among regular expression
> languages?

Yes, I'm aware of that. It is an issue that users will have to be
aware of. However, I don't think it's a killer. I think Python
regular expressions have enough in common with the PCRE (perl
compatible regular expressions) library to be useful. For example, I
think ^[^@]*@(.*\.)?sus(se)?\.ac\.uk$ has the same meaning in both
dialects.

If I'm wrong, then I can make do with .*sussex\.ac\.uk$ and .*susx\.ac
\.uk$

--
Ian Eiloart
Postmaster,