[Mailman-Developers] TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects

Ron Jarrell jarrell at vt.edu
Thu Jul 14 07:40:45 CEST 2005

Ok, I think I managed to screw myself.. Long time ago, I updated to the
cvs snapshot, and forgot to set tags, so I got 2.2a0.  I finally had
time to try to straighten the mess out and "upgrade" to 2.1.6 (which I
pulled with tag Release_2_1-maint, so it's post tarball).  Bouncer.py
keeps blowing chunks knocking out a variety of functions.  An example
from disabled:

/usr/local/bin/python -S /home/mailman/cron/disabled
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/mailman/cron/disabled", line 220, in ?
    main()
  File "/home/mailman/cron/disabled", line 204, in main
    mlist.sendNextNotification(member)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Bouncer.py", line 270, in sendNextNotification
    msg['Subject'] = 'confirm ' + info.cookie
TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects

I'm guessing something in one of the list structures isn't defined right
now?  Is there perchance a simple fix with withlist I could make?  Update,
sadly, doesn't do it, even though I forced it.

-Ron