[Mailman-Developers] Mailman and OpenID

Josh Hoyt josh at janrain.com
Thu Dec 15 22:48:48 CET 2005

Hello,

I'm interested in using OpenID[1,2], a decentralized single-sign-on
system for the Web, as an alternative to passwords for authorizing
Mailman users. I have not yet gotten a good understanding of the
Mailman code base. I have a few questions:

Is there developer orientation documentation somewhere?

Is this the kind of change that could get accepted as a new feature of
Mailman? If not, is there a recommended way of providing patches?

Is it a problem that OpenID only works through the Web and has no
e-mail fallback?

Can someone help me get started on figuring out where I can add new Web actions?

Thanks in advance,
Josh Hoyt <josh at janrain.com>

1. http://openid.net/
2. http://www.openidenabled.com/openid/libraries/python/