[Mailman-Developers] Spam/Scam button

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Dec 15 00:32:46 CET 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 16:38 +0900, Tokio Kikuchi wrote:

> I think you are talking about:
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1008865&group_id=103&atid=300103
>
> Hopefully, we will be back to the MAIN CVS tree for the development of
> mailman-2.2 after the release of 2.1.7.  This should be the chance that
> the patch is integrated in the 2.2 release.

There's also

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=713522&group_id=103&atid=300103

which is my Spambayes integration patch.  I do think mailman-developers
is a reasonable place to discuss this.  We can talk about whether it's
even reasonable to have anti-spam defenses in Mailman, and if so whether
we want to pick one such product to support, or have a pluggable
architecture (possibly shipping one by default).

I also think there are interesting usability/user interface questions to
ask, as well as whether spam filters should be per-list, site-wide, or
domain-wide.

-Barry