[Mailman-Developers] Pseudonym lists

Hans G. Ehrbar ehrbar at lists.econ.utah.edu
Sat Aug 13 02:03:55 CEST 2005

Hello,

a natural extension of an anonymous list is a pseudonym list:
if the user specifies a pseudonym, then the messages posted by
this user carry this pseudonym in the name section of the From:
field (along with the list email address).

I hacked my mailman 2.1.5 installation to accept pseudonyms
for all anonymous lists.  The pseudnym is an additional
component of UserDesc with very similar behavior as the user
name.  Users who subscribe through the web to an anonymous
list have the option to specify a pseudonym.

Please look at

and feel free to subscribe to the pseud and test lists and
take them through the paces.  I need this feature for a class
in the Fall Semester and would like to iron out any bugs.
This feature fits painlessly into the ordinary mailman
interface, and if there is interest I would be happy to
submit the code.

Hans G. Ehrbar

Hans G. Ehrbar   http://www.econ.utah.edu/~ehrbar   ehrbar at economics.utah.edu
Economics Department, University of Utah     (801) 581 7797 (my office)
1645 Campus Center Dr., Rm 308               (801) 581 7481 (econ office)
Salt Lake City    UT 84112-9300              (801) 585 5649 (FAX)