[Mailman-Developers] setup with central database

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Tue Apr 5 22:51:09 CEST 2005

On Apr 4, 2005, at 8:41 PM, Mikhail Sobolev wrote:
> Environment
>   central user database, with its own methods of add/removing/modifying
>   users, as well as disabling (temporarily of permanently)
>
>   apache2 serves all stuff
>
>   Access to the website (to any part of it) is restricted to
>   authenticated users

Brad's hit the nail on the head: what you really want is mailman3,
which isn't available yet.  It's a pretty common set of requests!

In the meantime, for #1, you should take a look at the initiatives to
use various databses with Mailman.  I thought some people had some
success with mysql?

And for #3, you might want to look at information like that found in
the FAQ
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.007.htp
and see about setting something up to make it all work together.  It'll
be a bit hacked, but i doubt that it's *impossible*...

You might also want to do some searches through the list archives...
I'm pretty sure there've been a few people who've hacked up solutions
for these things, and they might be willing to share some information
with you.

  Terri