[Mailman-Developers] Member Adaptor Half Working

Tim Morgan tim at timmorgan.org
Tue Oct 19 20:04:01 CEST 2004

I have managed to create my own MySQL-based member adaptor and have
integrated it into one of my mailing lists using the extend.py mechanism.
I was very pleased when it worked with very little debugging, however I
found later it is only half working.

When I go to the administrative interface of the list, I can see the
members from the MySQL database in the membership list. However, when
email is sent to the list from one of the member addresses, it is held for
approval due to "post by non-member to member-only list". When approved,
the message is added to the archive, but no one in the membership receives
it. It's as if Mailman is using my Member Adaptor for some tasks, but
using the old method of member storage for the important stuff, e.g.
accepting and distributing messages.

Any ideas?