[Mailman-Developers] Pls Help regarding user's real name (Personalisation of emails)

Jim Tittsler jwt at OnJapan.net
Tue Oct 19 10:18:38 CEST 2004

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 11:09:31PM -0700, Suman Halder wrote:
> Please tell me how i can include mailing list users real name
> with their emails. (i.e. "someone" abc at xyz.com) and i also
> want to include their real names in the footers of respective
> mails. I know most of u know how to do it. So pls help me. I
> am using Mailman 2.1.5

Check the help section for the 'personalize' setting on the
'Non-digest options' page of the list's administrative
interface.  If you set 'personalize' to Yes (or Full) you can
use %(user_name)s to include the subscriber's name in the
header or footer.

(Note that your system administrator will have had to enable
personalization by setting
 OWNERS_CAN_ENABLE_PERSONALIZATION = Yes
in their mm_cfg.py file.)

--