[Mailman-Developers] Maximum number of members per list. [was: Can we remove nimda.txt ?]

Gustavo Franco gustavorfranco at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 15:27:24 CEST 2004

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 21:12:54 -0400, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-10-16 at 23:48, Gustavo Franco wrote:
>
> > Anyone cares about 1029275 (Maximum number of members per list) ? This
> > patch was submitted at sf and here a month ago and still nothing. I
> > just want to read "we don't want this feature" or "it's a bad patch,
> > it's needs more work here and there". Kikuchi ?
>
> I'm not personally in favor of adding this feature to the 2.1 line.  I
> understand that because 2.2 will never come out and I'm way behind on
> 3.0 that pressure builds to add new features to the 2.1 point releases.
> I'd still like to resist that pressure as much as possible, but I can
> support getting some new features (in a backward compatible way) into
> 2.1.(x>5).  Let's take them on a case-by-case basis (and Tokio has a lot
> of sway here because he's doing the hard work ;).

I understand your point and Tokio replied me at sf. Do you think that
is a feature that can be included on 3.0 ? I can keep extending it
over 2.1 line (updating 1029275) and add it to 3.0 tree. I'm not into
mailman project to deep (yet) but i'll read that page about mm3 at
zope.org now.

What's your opinion on distributors adding new features to mailman 2.1
packages? Considering that 3.0 won't be released soon is a good idea
announce that hot new features won't be added if not really needed on
mm2.1 tree, isn't it? jmo.

Thanks,
Gustavo Franco -- <stratus at acm.org>