[Mailman-Developers] Can we remove nimda.txt ?

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Mon Oct 18 14:43:31 CEST 2004

Barry Warsaw wrote:

> As for 5.12, I think it's an oversight on my part that the bounce probe
> feature requires VERP support in the MTA.  I would like to see the probe
> become optional in 2.1.6 so that if you do not have VERP, Mailman will
> process bounces in the 2.1.4 way (i.e. not send a probe).

Before I start working on this, does anyone have a patch?
I think we should introduce BOUNCER_USE_VERP_PROBE (or something) and
set its default to No.

>>	Also, if we're going to require VERP support on the MTA with
>>2.1.5 and beyond, can we go ahead and turn on "VERP_CONFIRMATIONS =
>>Yes" in mm_cfg.py, so that we can also eliminate all the questions
>>regarding the funky subject lines which led to FAQ 4.52?
>

> /Should/ we require VERP?  My preference would be "no".

OK Barry, we should step back. I want however to introduce patch 923428
so site admin can use full feature of VERP_CONFIRMATIONS.

http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/