[Mailman-Developers] on the subject of fix_url, list creation with @ is non-intuitive..

Bob Puff bob at nleaudio.com
Mon Oct 11 20:52:55 CEST 2004

> <quote>
> You can specify the domain to create your new list in by spelling the
> listname like so:
>
>     mylist at www.mydom.ain
>
> where `www.mydom.ain' should be the base hostname for the URL to this
> virtual hosts's lists.
> </quote>
>
> Still, I think you have a point. Mailman/Cgi/create.py checks in the
> case where VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW is on to see if the hostname is in
> VIRTUAL_HOSTS.

...Which I think is not a great idea.  On virtually all of my machines, I am
constantly adding in domains.  I certainly don't want to have yet another file
that has to be maintained just for mailman.  Let me specify the domain, or
take it from the current hostname, if you're using the web interface.

FWIW, when you use the bin/newlist command and specify the domain name, it
still doesn't generate all the virtual junk that Postfix needs.

Bob