[Mailman-Developers] Maybe it's time to release 2.1.6

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Sun Nov 28 20:06:20 CET 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 08:10, Tokio Kikuchi wrote:

> Since I took charge of CVS committer this September, I belive we could
> fix number of bugs, merged a few new small-but-nice features, and the
> code became fairly stable. And, I write 'fixed in CVS' many times
> answering bug reports these days. Although I have some new features to
> be added in mind in a longer time scale, I think it is time to take the
> schedule of new release into consideration. I would like you the
> developers to download the current source from the CVS
> (Release_2_1-maint) and test on your testing/working sites before Barry
> can arrange the time schedule of releasing 2.1.6.

I'd love to see a 2.1.6 release "soon-ish".  I will have some time near
Christmas to work toward this (testing, docs, spinning tarballs,
updating web sites, etc.).  It would be nice if we could get 2.1.6 out
before the first of the year.  Do you think that's feasible?

AS for longer term, bigger new features, it probably makes more sense to
start that work on the CVS trunk, targeting a Mailman 2.2 release.  Of
course, merging the 2.1 branch back to the trunk is going to be a "fun"
job.

-Barry