[Mailman-Developers] Maybe you guys can help me

Bob Puff at NLE bob at nleaudio.com
Tue May 4 13:38:19 EDT 2004

...Because it's not just one more.  I re-wrote the bounce handling for my own
2.0.x boxes, and spent endless hours trying to keep up with all the
difference bounce messages that weren't caught.  I ended up giving up.  If
their ISP is broken enough that it generates bounce messages, then their
unsubscription problem isn't mine.

What will happen is that your test for "soft" bounces is going to register
some "hard" bounces incorrectly, and then its downhill from there.

I haven't looked at the latest handlers, but my code says something like: if
the person hasn't bounced in two days (of messages each day), then reset
their counter.  So if they constantly generate these messages, there is a
very real problem with that ISP.

Bob