[Mailman-Developers] Maybe you guys can help me

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Tue May 4 07:33:17 EDT 2004

Quoting Nigel Metheringham (Nigel.Metheringham at dev.InTechnology.co.uk):
> On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 12:03, Paul Tomblin wrote:
> > I do have some control over the MTA.  But it does seem a little ridiculous
> > to filter out warnings (but not errors) just because mailman insists on
> > treating warnings as errors.
>
> The ISP is sending bounces.  The fact that the text in the message says
> these are warning messages rather than bounces does not change the fact
> that the messages are bounces.

No, it's sending warnings that are being incorrectly interpreted as
bounces.  The fact that the warning has one line that matches the niave
bounce parsing, but others that don't, shows that the bounce parsing is
broken.

sendmail has had that "4 hours undeliverable" warning since the days when
I was delivering email via uucp over a 2400bps modem.  It's not like this
is something that just crept up on people.

--
Paul Tomblin <ptomblin at xcski.com> http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
Flying is not dangerous; crashing is dangerous.