[Mailman-Developers] [Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu>] Re: Bounceremoval parameters default values

Somuchfun somuchfun at atlantismail.com
Thu Jun 24 06:44:32 EDT 2004

This new VERP probe is ridiculous. One of my customer on a cpanel system
had thousands of unsubscribes because of it. Why? Cpanel does not
support in its current default exim setting VERP and there was no need
for it because it is not on by default in mailman. Now out of the blue
it is used even though VERP is turned off in mm_mfg.py
And since this mailman VERP probe is unforgiving it unsubscribes right
away!
Not a good thing at all and the complaints from customers are coming in
big time........