[Mailman-Developers] A bit of perspective ....

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Sat Jan 31 00:35:29 EST 2004

On Jan 30, 2004, at 9:46 PM, Kevin McCann wrote:
>> there are always solutions. Not all of them are already packaged up
>> and waiting to be found, or easily created through talk.
>
> I understand this, Chuq. For me, the most pressing thing is the SQL
> activity. And as I have mentioned, we're ready to contribute resources
> to this end.

  Fair 'nuff. I thought you did, but it's stuff that has to be said once
in a while, anyway.

> I have been harping about SQL in Mailman for a year now but it is only
> recently that the mere thought of it being worked into MM in one way
> or another has being entertained. Talking isn't entirely useless. In
> fact it's  necessary in order to influence change. Just so long as it
> doesn't stop at talk.

I've got a bit of MySQL background. My time is still limited, so I
won't commit to coding I can't depend on myself to finish -- but if you
want someone to help out on DB design and stuff, I'm in. I'll do what I
can and maybe help avoid some of the potholes. I'd like to see this,
too.