[Mailman-Developers] AOL's requirements for spam complaints

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Fri Jan 30 15:16:36 EST 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 14:20, Brad Knowles wrote:

> 	Perhaps, for Mailman 3, Barry could talk to people like Eric
> Allman, Wietse Venema, and other solid MTA authors, to see if there
> is a way we could get a certain amount of message customization
> pulled into the MTA, without killing the performance of the machine.
>
> 	But that's a question that Barry would have to answer.

I'd support such an effort.  I think the right way to go about this
would be to design a protocol (or perhaps an API) for MLM/MTA
communication.  I'd be less enthusiastic about a solution that was
unique to a particular MTA.

Hey Brad, maybe you can dust off those protocol specs you once did.  Or
maybe you can make some first passes at a new specification.  That would
be a good jumping off point for approaching the MTA communities.