[Mailman-Developers] AOL's requirements for spam complaints

Kevin McCann kmccann at bellanet.org
Fri Jan 30 14:42:22 EST 2004

Brad Knowles wrote:

>     There are some things that Barry has already ruled out.  Writing a
> custom MTA for Mailman is one of those things.
>     Don't even bother barking up this tree.
>     Perhaps, for Mailman 3, Barry could talk to people like Eric
> Allman, Wietse Venema, and other solid MTA authors, to see if there is
> a way we could get a certain amount of message customization pulled
> into the MTA, without killing the performance of the machine.

I'm simply thinking about MLM challenges, which are increasing every
day, it seems, and thinking about what can be done. Personalization
without critical slowdown is an issue. I am thinking out loud about what
can be done. I don't have the answers, which is why I invite discussion.
Pleasant discussion, if you can find it within you. I have not been on
mm-dev forever, so I am not aware of every thread that has been
discussed. Further, am I willing to contribute? Yes I am. Millions, no.
But something, yes. Give a guy a break.

- Kevin