[Mailman-Developers] prevent qp as qp routine broken

Michael Heydekamp my at freexp.de
Sun Jan 25 09:45:00 EST 2004

Hi Simone,

Simone Piunno <pioppo at ferrara.linux.it> to Michael Heydekamp on 25.01.04:

> On Saturday 24 January 2004 23:07, Michael Heydekamp wrote:

>> Simple - say we have the following lines in subscribeack.txt (German
>> text follows):

>>    komfortabelsten in XP einrichtet und handhabt, ist ausführlich in
>>    der Online-Hilfe [...]
>> ----------8<----------

> Michael, what Mailman are you referring to?

2.1.3

> There's no such text in the german translation for 2.1...
> neither in subscribeack.txt, nor anywhere else.

Of course not, this is a list specific subscribeack.txt that I created
for each of our lists.

But what the heck :) has the (arbitrary) text itself to do with the fact
that Mailman creates a technically wrong and therefore ugly qp'd output
upon sending such texts?  It would do so with the original
subscribeack.txt in exactly the same manner.

Hey - anybody around who wouldn't mind to answer my original question?
:)  I'm asking questions and what I'm getting are more questions...  I'm
happy to answer them but at some stage an answer to my question would
also be nice, so:

At this stage I just need to know how to prevent Mailman from qp'ing.

Simone, there is BTW still another open question in
<91HicwPppwB at my.freexp.de> (how to make fuzzy translations non-fuzzy).

Well, there are even more open questions that I raised here, but as
nobody came up with useful answers, I have almost solved these issues on
INN or MTA level in the meantime.

        Michael